In today’s world, we are more and more reliant on our ability to connect with others. Whether it’s business to business or family and friends, our phones and internet services are an integral part of our daily lives.
VisionLab can provide you with various internet and VOIP (Voice-Over-Internet-Phone) solutions that will suit your business and personal needs. This can range from Fibre, VDSL and ADSL Broadband services, to modern Cloud PBX solutions, with multiple channels, allowing multiple phone calls inbound and outbound at any one time.
For many of us, understanding which broadband service is the best option for us can be confusing. Our team at VisionLab can help you chose the best option for you, but in the meantime, here’s a quick rundown:
The best broadband currently available in New Zealand, delivering the fastest speeds. A dedicated and consistently reliable connection means everyone can do what they want, when they want, without interruption. The main difference between Fibre and the ADSL and VDSL broadband services is the copper lines transmit data via electrical signals while the fibre service sends data as pulses of light.
Fibre performance doesn’t degrade over distance, so your broadband speed is consistent no matter how near or far your home or business is located from the exchange or cabinet.
The fastest of the copper broadband services as it uses the fibre network to get to a cabinet positioned on the street, and then the copper network from the cabinet to your premises. It is available to properties located up to 1200m of the local cabinet or exchange.
The most common type of broadband technology is a fixed copper line broadband service that supports everyday activities such as web browsing, online banking, and emailing. With phone lines already in place for most homes and business across the country, ADSL is available to most of New Zealand.
VOIP Phone Solutions
Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phones have come a long way due to technological advances in the past few years. It is becoming more and more convenient for this solution to be used as an alternative to the traditional ‘landline’ set up. Many businesses are now also opting for cloud-based solutions, rather than the traditional PABX hardware solutions for the phone set up. This is due to the ease of set up, maintenance and its overall cost-effectiveness.
Features of the Cloud PBX Solutions VisionLab can offer you are:
- Access to your own Cloud portal to manage your cloud PBX if desired.
- Requires only one main number.
- As many extensions as you require.
- 10 or more channels which allow multiple consecutive calls in and out on one phone number without the cost of additional lines.
- Easy to set up Auto-attendant. This can be set up, so all incoming calls go to a message for example “Welcome to The ABC company, please press 1 for Accounts, 2 for service or 0 for Reception”
- An after-hours messaging system can be set based on your business opening hours, so if a call is received outside those hours the caller will receive a message such as “you have reached us outside our normal operating hours, if you wish to leave a message please press 0 now”.
- Ability to transfer calls to cell phones. The auto-attendant can also transfer to cell phones. Note standard cell phone call rates apply to all transfers from the Cloud PBX to cell phones.
- Desktop phones can be set with a ‘presence feature’ so you can see if a person is already on the phone.
- Voice messages can be received by email, with the message is sent as an attachment for ease of forwarding or sent to an email distribution group for easy access.